PFC Corofil Acoustic Intumescent Sealant is a high specification, one part water based acrylic sealant, extruded from a cartridge loaded into a standard sealant gun. The depth of the joint will depend on the gap to be filled and the fire rating required
- PFC Corofil Acoustic Intumescent Sealant is suitable for sealing joints and service penetrations in fire walls, partitions, fire rated door frames and glazing systems.
- Tested in accordance with BS 476:Parts 20 & 22:1987 and BS EN 1366-4, PFC Corofil Acoustic Intumescent Sealant provides up to 4 hours fire protection in joints of up to 30mm wide.
- In addition to the fire rating the sealant may be used to seal joints in party walls to provide an acoustic seal.
- All surfaces must be thoroughly clean and free of bond breaking contaminants prior to application of the sealant.
- No priming is required for most construction substrates, however, it is recommended that a small area be tested on substrates.
- The sealant should not be applied if the ambient temperature is below 5ºC as adhesion will be impaired.
- The sealant is fast curing approximately 15 minute tack free time. When fully cured, the sealant is overpaintable. Under fire conditions the sealant forms a fire resistant ash.