The Thunderweb design is characterised by a conical shaped web which gets thicker towards the back of the drill bit. The web is the internal core of the drill bit.
- Thunderweb flute form ejects hot chips rapidly.
- Dissepates heat better increasing life time.
- – open flute form reduces drill drawback when drilling deeper holes.
- – Sharpened edges reduce binding for faster cleaner cuts.
- – Flatter twist angle creates smaller chippings, ideal for drilling harder steels ie. stainless steel.
- – Precision starting, drill bit won’t walk.
- – Penetrates quickly.
- – Good for drilling on curved surfaces.
- – Requires less effort / feed pressure.
- – excellent for very hard materials.